I bought some avocado with the full intention of using it to make some sushi. Unfortunately, I found insects living in my sushi rice and had to abort that plan. What to do with a lone avocado? Make some avocado pasta, of course!
Makes 2 servings.
- 250g pasta of choice (I used penne)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 100ml cream
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness. The easiest way to do it for me is to do it in the microwave.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add garlic. add cream and parmesan as well as chilli flakes.
- Add cooked pasta into the pot and and the avocado at the end. Season with cracked pepper if you so desire.